Fridays: 10:00–21:00 (If Friday is a national holiday, close at 18:00.)
The second Wednesday of every month:10:00–21:00
Final Week of Exhibitions: Monday–Friday 10:00–21:00
Last entry is 30 minutes prior to closing time.
Hours are subject to change; please check for updates on the website.
Mondays (except when Monday is a national holiday or final week of exhibitions), year-end holiday, January 1, and while exhibitions are being changed.
Closing dates are subject to change; for further information, please refer to the calender on the web site's top page.
Admission Ticket price varies by event. Please see the special exhibition page.
2-6-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
■For Your Comfort
The Mitsubishi Ichigokan Museum recreates as faithfully as possible the original building completed in 1894, including the wooden floors. To reduce the noise of footsteps, however, we have carpeted most of the exhibition galleries, thus ensuring a more pleasant viewing experience.
To protect the artworks, in accordance with international standards the air temperature in the galleries is maintained at about 21º C. Some visitors may feel cold at this temperature; if this is a concern for you, please bring a jacket or cardigan.
■Visitor Information for People with Disabilities
The Museum has a wheelchair-accessible elevator and toilets, and several wheelchairs are available for loan. Visitors may be accompanied by a guide dog or service dog.
- Wheelchair access
To enter the building, please take the elevator to the first floor. The elevator is located in a recess beside the ramp at the Park Side Gate on Ichigokan Square.
Please use the intercom near the elevator should you wish to call staff for assistance. (Please be advised that, due to limited staff numbers, during busy periods staff members may not be able to leave their posts immediately.)
For barrier-free routes, please see Access.
- Loan of wheelchairs
We have a small number of wheelchairs available for loan. If you wish to use one, please ask a staff member.
- Discount for people with disabilities
On presenting an official disability handbook (shogaisha techo) at the ticket window, you will receive a 50 percent discount on a same-day admission ticket.
One accompanying person can also purchase a ticket at half price.
■Rules for Museum Visitors
Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of these rules is to define necessary matters concerning visits to the Mitsubishi Ichigokan Museum.
Article 2. Opening Days
1. The Museum will be open every month of the year.
2. The Museum will be closed on the following days:
- (i) Mondays (except when Monday is a national holiday, in which case the Museum will be closed the following day)
- (ii)January 1
- (iii)While exhibitions are being changed
3. Closing days may be changed when necessary at the discretion of the Director.
Article 3. Opening Hours
- 1. The Museum will be open 10:00〜18:00(until 21:00 on Fridays only(excerpting holidays))
- 2. Entry will be allowed until 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- 3. Opening hours may be changed when necessary at the discretion of the Director.
Article 4. Admission Charge
1. The Museum admission charge will be decided, under the following categories, for each exhibition:
- (i) general
- (ii) senior high school and university students
- (iii) elementary and junior high school students
2. The Director may establish discounts for groups, people with disabilities, employees, and others.
Article 5. Rules for Visitor Conduct
- Visitors to the Museum must comply with the following points:
No food, drink, candy or gum is allowed in the gallery areas; they may be consumed only in the designated places. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building.
- Please do not touch the artworks or display cases.
- Please do not bring any animals (except guide dogs, hearing dogs, or service dogs), plants or flowers, dangerous items, or large objects such as umbrellas into the galleries.
- Please turn your cell phone to the vibrate setting and refrain from using it in the galleries.
- Please do not take videos or photographs or make sketches of the artworks. Use only pencils (no pens) in the galleries.
- Please take care not to disturb other visitors.
- Follow any instructions given by staff members.
Article 6. Restrictions on Entry and Related Matters
The Director reserves the right to restrict the entry of persons wishing to enter the Museum, or to order persons already on the Museum premises to leave, as he or she deems necessary for the safety of visitors or the protection of the Museum’s materials, facilities, or equipment, or for any other reason related to the maintenance of order in the Museum.