- As a museum located in the heart of Tokyo, we place a special value on the accessibility for both
workers and visitors, and pledge therefore to serve as a museum at the center of urban life.
- While building networks with numerous museums around the world and other cultural facilities
in the surrounding area, we develop our activities on a longterm basis in an international setting.
- By paying close attention to the classical features of the building and our collection of works,
we seek to present exhibitions which focus on the 19th century modern art signifying the sources of modern society.
- By searching for links between the dynamic contemporary beauty and the inherited historical beauty,
we provide new perspectives on art to the wide range of people.
- Thematic exhibitions (3 per year)
- Collection, preservation, display, surveying and study of works of art
- Education programs
- Events related to exhibitions
- Ties with local museums, community centers, and educational institutions