Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971) was one of the most influential fashion designers of the twentieth century. In the 1920s, her simple and sophisticated creations spearheaded the new image of the dynamic woman, favouring practicality and comfort.
Chanel herself also became a fashion icon and the embodiment of her style, frequently sporting the CHANEL suits, which were popular after the war. This international touring exhibition, which is based on the Gabrielle Chanel. Manifeste de mode exhibition shown at the Palais Galliera, Musée de la Mode de la Ville de Paris, has been reframed for Japan. It is the first retrospective dedicated to Gabrielle Chanel’s work in 32 years to be shown in Japan. Visitors will get a feel for her creations through archival images that enhance the displays of CHANEL suits, little black dresses and other distinctive outfits that embody her “manifeste de mode”(fashion manifesto), as well as her accessories and the CHANEL N°5 perfume.
tax is included in the admission fee
- Dates18 June – 25 September 2022
- Opening hour10:00〜18:00Sat.-Thu. 10:00-21:00 / Fri.
（apart from holidays）
on the second Wednesday of the month.
※Last entry 30 minutes prior to closing time.
（apart from holidays,
February 22, March 29, April 26）
- Admission FeesAdult ¥ 2,300
High school and
University students ¥ 1,200
Junior High school
- Organised byMitsubishi Ichigokan Museum, Tokyo
Palais Galliera, Fashion Museum of the City of Paris
Nippon Television Network Corporation
- Special PartnerCHANEL
- With the
Support ofl’Ambassade de France /
Institut français du Japon
- With the
Sponsorship ofDai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
- With the
Cooperation ofJAPAN AIRLINES
- With the Special
Cooperation ofNippon Television Network Europe B.V.
- An exhibition organised by the Palais Galliera,
Fashion Museum of the City of Paris, Paris Musées
- Inquiries+81-41-316-2772(Hello Dial)
Notes When Purchasing Tickets
No advance tickets will be sold for this exhibition.
Mitsubishi Ichigokan Museum, Tokyo
2-6-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, JAPAN
- 5 min. from the Marunouchi South Exit of JR Tokyo Station.
- 6 min. from the Tokyo International Forum Exit of
JR Yurakucho Station.
- 3 min. from Exit 1 of Nijubashimae<Marunouchi> Station
on the Chiyoda Line of the Tokyo Metro.
- 6 min. from Exit D3 or D5 of Yurakucho Station
on the Yurakucho Line of the Tokyo Metro.
- 3 min. from Exit B7 of Hibiya Station
on the Mita Line of the Toei Subway.
- 6 min. from Exit of Tokyo Station
on the Marunouchi Line of Tokyo Metro.
Gabrielle Chanel, couturière française. Paris, 1936.
© Lipnitzki / Roger-Viollet / amanaimages